Top 5 Reasons you should tune into Top Five Tuesdays
Welcome to Top 5 Tuesdays! This section of thinkyouthministry is dedicated to providing resources to meet the needs you are facing in your work with youth, and trying to do so in a short, concise manner. Every other Tuesday each month we will be tackling a particular issue in a Top 5 format meant to provide good information in a short format blog. Why should you check the Top 5 Tuesday posts? Good question. Here are the Top 5 reasons:
- To share in a passion for youth work: The purpose of www.thinkyouthministry.com is to provide a space for youth workers to come together and celebrate what is working, find support for what is not, and ultimately pool our resources for the betterment of the community at large. The Top 5 project hopes to contribute to this.
- To pass on experience/information: I have some knowledge resulting from my work as a therapist with youth, families, individuals and couples. I want this blog to be a space where I can pass on things I have learned through the course of this work.
- To fill gaps: There are a number areas that are, we’ll say, a little “taboo” in the church. Topics like masturbation, pornography, sex, sexual identity, addiction, etc. There are some great resources on these taboo topics, and I want to use the Top 5 format to highlight these resources.
- To ask questions you want direction on: The goal is to tailor the Top 5 topics to what is relevant in your life/work. This is where you come in. If there are issues you would like to see covered in a Top 5 format please get in touch with me. I will do my best to make it happen.
- To provide and receive feedback: We all have different opinions, approaches, concerns, etc. when it comes to working with youth and their families, especially when the aforementioned “taboo” topics are brought up. I am hoping the Top 5 project will provide a starting point for such discussions at thinkyouthministry and beyond
That is the vision of this project. As things progress there will likely be some tweaks to ensure we are meeting this vision. The key to this project is the interaction, as we want this to be a resource that will help you meet the challenges you are facing in your work, as well as celebrating in the successes. Do not hesitate to send a request for a topic you would like to see “Top 5ed.”
Check back for the next posting – the first topic to be covered will be the Top 5 Internet filtering tools for computers and mobile devices.
Take care, and enjoy the rest of you day…
Andy Lundy, MA
Andy Lundy is a co-owner and operator of Juniper Tree Counselling and Psychotherapy Services, located in Newmarket, Ontario. He graduated from Providence Theological Seminary in 2003 with a Master of Arts Degree in Counselling Psychology. He spends as much time as possible with his wife and children, who graciously allow him to do soJ. Much of their time together is spent in the outdoors running, cycling, and playing various sports. Whenever he gets the chance, he reads and plays music…